Now that you have invested a decent amount of your hard earned money and lots of expectations in that new suit, you must learn the ways of how to take care of your suit. You know, as they say, nothing worth having comes easy. Here are a few pointers that will help you help your suit live a longer and fuller life!
- Do not get you suit dry cleaned more than twice a season/year. If you can get away with once a year, even better. Dry cleaning deteriorates the fabrics, especially wool.
- If you want to get rid of the wrinkles, get your suit steam cleaned. A home alternative to that is a leaving the suit in a closed bathroom with HOT water running.
- Do not iron your suit. And if you really want to get it done, don’t do it yourself. Take your suit to a professional cleaner to get ironed.
- Never leave your suit laying on a bed or couch overnight. As soon as you take off your suit, hang it in your closet. Make sure your closet has no direct sunlight or no wet walls.
- And last but not least - Respect your suit! Don’t spill beer or drinks on your suit. Liquids stay in the wool and deteriorate it.